Assignment Information: For your
trade, following this procedure is creating a diorama.
Shoebox or no large thana desktop (23" X 17")
1. Shoebox should be covered with paper or painted so that no
advertisements are visible. Small paper or wooden logs and thatched roofs add a nice
2. Research and find picture of the tools used by your craftsman.
Using paper, clay, aluminum foil, wood, etc., create tools and display them on the
diorama's walls or tables.
3. Create sample products made by your craftsman.
4. Show a worker in your workshop. Pipecleaners work well for making
5. Diorama due date is March 26, 2001.
For Social Studies enrichment, I am planning a "Colonial Crafts
Day" on March 30. Each student will display his/her diorama and dress like
their colonial craftsman or craftswoman. We will be inviting other classes to visit
Assignment will be evaluated to make sure that: